Tuesday, September 21, 2010

last day of summer

Today is the last day of summer. But it's nothing to get down about. Didn't get all the poolside time in you wanted this year? That's ok, next summer will be here before you know it. And you can always spend time at indoor pools, like at hotels such as "Embassy Suites."

What was your favorite part about this summer? Was it spending time with your friends? Or enjoying discounts on winter apparel at clothing stores? Maybe your favorite part of this summer was getting a wink from a special someone. One thing I love about every summer is warm weather. Were you born in the summer? If so maybe your birthday was your favorite event. I wasn't born in the summer, but I sure enjoyed a slice of birthday cake here and there from friends with summer birthdays.

Maybe something is bothering you today. Is it something mean you said to someone else, and now you feel bad about it? That's ok, next time you see that person you can explain that you didn't mean it. They will understand and maybe even buy you a small snack. The power of apology is amazing - I have spent half my life apologizing. And I don't mean to brag, but right now I have 22 dollars - in my pocket. Just saying "I'm sorry" won't make money appear - but here's the dirty little secret - neither will not saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment