Sunday, July 11, 2010

In-N-Out Burger review


7/10

Overview: A simple menu, clean building and above-par service for a fast food restaurant earn In-N-Out Burger 7 out of 10 stars.

The good: Everything stated above, plus the quality of the food was not bad. And the prices are great. However there is no hiding that it's still a just a fast food restaurant (I know, duh). Upon moving to Los Angeles I heard numerous rave, over the top reviews of this place, so my expectations were pretty high. If you've had a good Steak-n-Shake burger, then you've basically had one of these burgers. I say a 'good' Steak-n-Shake burger because lately that place has proved to be highly inconsistent, and a bad burger (or anything from there) is always a possibility. At this point I'd take an In-N-Out burger over a Steak-N-Shake burger. If it was '98 I'd go with Steak-N-Shake.

The bad: As stated, it's just fast food. The reviews I heard before eating there were so over the top I practically expected Jesus to be behind the counter serving me a blessed burger with a side of holy fries. Like most things that sound too good to be true, it fell short of expectation. The menu, though highly simple (3 combo options), is a little tricky. Apparently there is a 'secret menu' you can research online to customize your order, but I didn't know about it. Also, other little things are unclear (where the hell is a packet of mustard in that place?). And some dude told me I could've gotten my onions grilled if I would've just asked. Thanks, I bet that would've better than the loser raw ones I had.

The ugly: Three-fourths of the people eating in there.

2 comments:

  1. No helicopters looking for a murder
    2 in the morning got the Fatburger

    ReplyDelete
  2. get really hungry... and then devour a double in under five stuck in LA traffic. You'll see Jesus.

    ReplyDelete